Saturday, December 5, 2009

ASHTANGA-D UP!


Well I survived the 40 hour Ashtanga teacher training course in London, not an ideal location for such an intense course in terms of energy, so manic, I am rather weary tonight!


While the course may have been rather hardcore, I am incredibly grateful to have had the opportunity to learn how to teach the primary series with adjustments from David Swenson, he is indeed a wise man. I was especially inspired by hearing him talk about his life journey yesterday, about how he discovered Yoga and the way it has shaped his life, there are parallels as I am sure there are for others, and always fascinating to hear an other's story.


Plus of course he said something about fish and water and the bigger picture in words that actually resonated for me, so if nothing else I am wholeheartedly thankful for this wisdom, image and renewed awareness.


I look forward to teaching an Ashtanga course with Vicki (who is passionate about Ashtanga) in the New Year...not long to go now...and continuing to put into practice what I have learned.


So anyhow, David, thank you, truly, I am taller and brighter than I was at the beginning of the training. Tasmai Shree Gurave Namah .


No comments:

Post a Comment