Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Reiki and pregnancy


Reiki works well in helping with all stages of pregnancy including conception and child birth providing emotional, mental, spiritual and physical support.

The Japanese word Reiki (pronounced Ray-key) means ‘Universal energy’ and is based on the free flow of this energy in a person. Eastern medicine has always recognised and worked with this energy, which flows through all living things and is vital to well-being.

Reiki is completely safe and the deep relaxation and peacefulness many people experience during and after a Reiki treatment can be of benefit to both pregnant ladies and those trying to conceive. Reiki may help to reduce stress, heal physical issues, deal with (old) problems and the accompanying emotions; deepen the relationship between mother and child (even in spirit) and increase the confidence in motherhood.

Juliet, who received Reiki during the latter stages of her pregnancy, commented, "I found the session very restful, it helped me focus on the baby and I felt calm for the rest of the day”.

Furthermore the mother’s body changes significantly during pregnancy and her energy balance – mentally, physically and emotionally – is constantly under pressure. Holly comments, “I had numerous sessions of Reiki with Emma during my pregnancy which I found incredibly beneficial. It was my first pregnancy and I have always used Reiki for grounding and general well being which I found I required even more when I was pregnant. The last session I had was the day before my due date and Emma commented that I was very grounded and balanced and sure enough Finley was born the next day on his due date”.

Reiki may also be very effective in helping to restore balance on all levels following the birth. Caring for an infant can be draining for both partners and Reiki can help to restore balance and energy levels as well as providing some much-needed serenity and nurturing (for both parent and infant) during this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment