Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Happy Halloween!


Wow it is November already, time has just flown by!

Life has all of a sudden become rather busy. Nige and the children left us last Tuesday and I have been tackling all the washing ever since! Chris - our friend who has been living in the wing since August - left us on Saturday to return to Cambodia for 5 months of travelling, lucky thing, so more change in the household and generally. We managed a swim in the sea, in fact we managed one on Friday too, it is surprisingly pleasant at the moment, although I doubt I will be saying that in another month's time!

And then Sunday brought Halloween, hoorah! So a belated happy Halloween to everyone, I had meant to blog but ran out of time. I must admit I do love Halloween and it was perfect this year, not only falling on a Sunday but also with the clocks changing and gaining that extra hour in bed...only that I didn't because I got up to practice before teaching the Halloween trans formative chakra balancing workshop in St Peter's. The session was really inspiring for me, I am fascinated by the chakras and people's experience of working with them through a Yoga practice, so it was a great start to the day.

In the afternoon I forced myself out of the house where I was quite enjoying pottering in the kitchen and making Thai butternut squash soup and preparing quinoa, eggs and seaweed for lunch the next few days. But being Halloween I felt drawn to visiting the fairy ring and doing some pendulum work, all good fun! It was such a lovely afternoon, we are so blessed at the moment with all this fine and mild autumnal weather, there are still blackberries growing on the hedges down the lane from here, it is all very strange, no doubt we are in for a very cold winter instead!

We only had two trick or treaters in the evening and sadly we never did anything with the pumpkins we bought for the occasion. Still, I did my bit to honour "Samhain - All Hallow's Eve", which is a fascinating time indeed. Samhain means "end of the summer" and thus the end of the agricultural season and the beginning of the Celtic year. Samhain is really the festival of the dead - a time of chaos and the reversal of normal order: endings and beginnings happening simultaneously.

On an individual basis, this is the time to rest and reevaluate life and goals. Now is the time to get rid of any negativity or opposition that may surround achievements of hinder future progress. By Samhain we should have accomplished our desires ad now need to stabilize and protect what we have gained. This is important because it is impossible to concentrate and put energy into new goals if what we have is not secure. All very interesting really!

I started a new job on Monday, just 10 hours a week using my chartered secretary skills, all part of the bigger picture and utilising one's skills to further one's dreams and intentions. So far I have really enjoyed the change of scenery, it is really rather grounding being in an office and having human interaction in this way, let alone a structure to one's day - believe me, I never thought I would say that! It means I enjoy teaching even more than usual, good to have the balance and to know I am working towards my goals of getting out to Nepal again in December and starting my training as a Yoga therapist in February in Canada (North America is where Yoga therapy is really happening these days).

On Friday we celebrate the new moon. Check out this link for more info...again, all very exciting and I know my friends and I can all relate to the changing energy...http://realastrologers.com/new-moon-in-scorpio-november-6-2010?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Realastrologerscom+%28realastrologers.com%29

So have a good week and embrace the energy of the new moon and new beginnings. This is a magical time of beginnings, when you can recharge goals, or set new ones, where goals and wishes take root, as you reach out for spiritual wisdom, draw on unseen allies and open the door to magical change. You might get what you ask for, or something even better that you can't imagine yet. So start visualising and then writing down your intentions so that you are committing to doing your part to make them real. Some call it co-creating, since you're opening to universal energies to set dreams in motion.

Love and light

Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment