Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The light has returned again



What a stunning day!  Incredible weather, finally, perhaps, summer is on its way!

I have been very blessed today to have some degree of flexibility with my time, so that I was able to join Jane on the cliffs this morning and walk from Petit Bot to Saints Bay and back again.  To say it was stunning is an understatement, bright skies, bright seas and all those wonderful Spring flowers - truly the cliffs are at their finest right now.

In the later part of the afternoon I was able to spend 30 minutes sitting on the pebbles of Petit Bot bay.  This was my first official outing to the beach here on Guernsey this spring/summer, quite ridiculous seeing as it is almost June.  Still it was wonderful, especially as the tide was high and I got to have the beach to myself for a time.  I even managed to go for a swim and stay in the sea longer than a minute without hyperventiliating.  I know no one will believe me, but the sea is really not that cold at the moment...

I had a Reiki session today - where I received rather than gave.  I have been having regular sessions since I returned from Australia and I am finding it a joy in so many ways.  Not least for the opportunity to relax, which is not something I prioritise enough in my life, but also because I am getting to experience the effects of the layers coming off.  I have always said that we are a bit like onions and when we have Reiki, oftern a layer lifts off, presenting another one underneath.

 It is fascinating seeing what comes up in each session and then noticing my dreams the next few nights.  While the process is not always easy - sometimes I get to experience those wodneful healing crises when things feel worse before they get better, and sometimes you get to re-live the past a little, which is always a litle unsettling - it is well worth it in the long run.  At least, I can honestly say that since I began this recent course of reiki, I have started to feel lighter and more energised again, focused and incredibly passionate about the potential of Yoga, Reiki and energy-based healing generally, it is just so powerful.

Mind you, that lovely calm feeling I get at the end of a session, is quickly tested on the drive home.  oh my gosh,  the road works are ridiculous over here in Guernsey at the moment, I have never known anything like it!  I was at a crossroads today and noticed that each road had a yellow diversion sign pointing in a different direction.  I mean, how does anyone know where they are going.  Jane and I stopped to chat to 3 visitors on the cliffs today and their resounding memory of Guernsey is likely to be getting completely lost in all the diversions around Saints Bay hotel where they are staying.  What a memory to have of Guernsey!

Sitting here typing, I am reminded of a benefit of all the roadworks.  We actually have roadworks right outside our cottage here in a lane in St Andrews.  The guys have gone home for the day and while it is usually hectic around here with people speeding through the lanes to get home after work, right now it is increadibly peaceful as no one can pass through the lane.  Now that is a highlight of the roadworks, I would be happy if they kept this lane closed the whole time!  I have never really understood the reason people feel to speed through those lanes that are clearly marked "Ruette Tranquille" with a speed limit of 15mph!

I was sent an astrology update for this week and it fits in rather well with the general upheaval of all the road works over here...you can read more at www.realastrology.com


"The portal is open. The info is going back and forth fast and furiously this week, as Venus turns retrograde in Gemini and a solar eclipse takes place in the sign of communications.

Some of the synchronicities are astounding, and even the breakdowns seem to be part of the greater plan. More than ever, it’s important that you know where you’re headed, even if you don’t know how you’re going to get there. The “how” will come, but you need to be willing to change on a moment’s notice and to take a leap of faith.

In one of my synchronicities this week (too long a story to explain here), I found this remarkable video about Tom Kenyon. Among other things, it explains how we communicate with higher beings through sound. I have a feeling you’ll find something synchronous in it, too.

The latest issue of The Mountain Astrologer has a priceless cover, with road signs for the times head. One sign reads, “change required, no U-turns.” And that pretty much sums it up. There is no going back, no matter what the weather or road conditions are. The good news is that we’re getting new information, new contacts, and other necessary information to support us on our journey. It also has been my experience that any attempts to veer from our path or spend too long at the roadside rest stop will be swiftly rectified by circumstances “out of our control.”

Monday’s Mercury-Pluto trine brings deep insight that is also practical. Expect some of the “how” to present itself. There’s also a Sun-Saturn inconjunct, so be advised that some of what’s required of you may not be comfortable or easy. Indeed, “easy” isn’t happening for anyone I know right now. Opportunities can come out of the blue, but you have to be prepared to get out of your routine and venture into unfamiliar territory. With Saturn retrograde in Libra, it’s also likely that relationships are an issue. Some of the discomfort may involve working with people who for one reason or another make you uncomfortable.

Venus turns retrograde on Tuesday and will remain in “reverse” until June 27. With Saturn also retrograde and in Venus-ruled Libra, we’re in for a heavy dose of relationship school. Some of your lessons are likely to involve unresolved issues with past partners, whether in this lifetime or other incarnations.

Mars trines Pluto on Wednesday and opposes Chiron on Thursday. The first aspect favors result-oriented, material outcomes that require action and discipline. This is the third and final pass of a three-part alignment that began around Thanksgiving (late November). The second aspect is helpful for healing old wounds, in a surgical kind of way. In other words – as if often the case – you may have to endure temporary pain as you dig into old hurts in order to release the stuck energy. You may experience a “healing crisis” – a temporary worsening of symptoms while the healing is taking place.

On Sunday, the Sun enters Gemini and immediately aligns with the Moon in a solar eclipse. This is an ongoing series of eclipses, so you should know by now what areas of your life are undergoing rapid and deep change. This eclipse represents the next “installment.” Watch for stunning new developments, which will gather speed and intensity as we approach the Full Moon lunar eclipse on June 4.

As I wrote last week, we’re now in the most volatile and rapidly changing period of 2012. If you feel scattered and unfocused, give yourself some space while doing your best to keep your eye on your goals. I’ve suggested keeping an open mind, but with Venus retrograde, you’ll also need to keep an open heart. The portal goes both ways."
So it looks like the bank holiday weekend may be interesting, lots of fun ahead.  Hopefully all the road works will be finished by then and the roads will be running as smoothly as our lives - well we cna hope in any event!!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment