Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Thank you x


Phew, there is absolutely no letting up at the moment!  Those solar and lunar eclipses are certainly all playing their role in helping us to wake up and take note, appreciate the inter connected nature of this world and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

No more sitting back and thinking it is not our problem.  We are all part of the problem. Not that there is a problem necessarily, just that we can all make such a difference, if only we could be aware of it.

We raised £406.05 for the Safe Haven Cambodian charity in honour of that poor little Malaysian baby girl so cruelly abused by her mother and the video posted on facebook.  Why on earth that video is there is quite beyond me as the women has been charged and the baby is now in care, so it circulating the ether is doing no one any favours - although you could argue that if I had not have seen it, I would not have raised some money for the Safe Haven charity.  But still, on the whole I suspect it is simply creating more anger in this world.

I am quite sure people think me quite mad when I harp on about things like that, but honestly, our every action  has an impact, we are all so connected - think of a net connected by beads, well we are those beads and the way we act affects the thread connected to all those other beads, which therefore affects all those other beads.

There is this beautiful poem that I love to share:

Heartprints - author unknown

Whatever our hands touch,
We leave fingerprints,
On walls, on furniture,
On doorknobs, dishes, books.
There's no escape.
As we touch we leave our identity.

Wherever I go today
Help me leave heartprints.
Heartprints of compassion,
Of understanding and love.

Heartprints of kindness
And genuine concern.
May my heart touch a lonely neighbour,
Or a runaway daughter,
Or an anxious mother,
Or perhaps an aged grandfather.

Send me out today
To leave heartprints.
And if someone should say,
"I felt your touch",
May they also sense the love
That is deep within my heart".

We are off on holiday to Ibiza on Saturday, a much needed break to practice some yoga, swim in the sea, enjoy the sunshine, and be together as a family.

Share the love.

With much gratitude

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment