Thursday, February 14, 2013

Spread the love!



Happy Valentine's Day.

Today is indeed the day of love, although to be fair, every day is the day of love, if it is approached with a loving heart.

I held a beautiful loving kindness Yoga session on Sunday to soothe the soul and nourish the heart.  I am biased of course, I led it, but really, it was incredible simply because of the combined energy of everyone in the group and the fact I got to read out some of my favourite poems - now those really do soothe the soul and nourish the heart.  We breathed, we moved, we chanted, we sat, we did a Metta meditation, sending to love to those we like and those we don't like, we relaxed and we enjoyed a wonderfully healing Yoga Nidra.  Bliss.

It was well timed actually, a new moon and a powerful one at that.  Few what weather, a morning of rain and yet more rain cleared for a brief hour in the afternoon so that E and I were able to get out and enjoy some fresh air and nature.  hoorah for the daffodils, lifting spirits on an otherwise dull day.

Monday dawned bright too, wonderful day, the sun actually shone, amazing how that makes everyone feel so much better.  Needless to say it did not last, we were being teased. And after going for a rather quick dip in the sea on Tuesday I can confirm that the sea is still winter cold!  Still I take great comfort in the fact that the a particular duck (can't remember which one) has arrived in Lihou, a duck that arrives each Spring.  Hoorah.  Spring is indeed on its way.  I cannot wait to really embrace its energy with all those Spring flowers on the Herm annual Yoga & Wellbeing retreat, fabulous!!!! 

I have been very humbled by the commitment of students to class this year, incredible, I am truly watching people's practice's transform before my very eyes.  Wonderful.  The more we practice, the more peace we create, both inside and outside with our energy vibrating at a purer and higher pitch, so the world too resonates on a different, more peaceful and purer frequency.  If only we all practiced Yoga the whole world over.

Anyhow, being Valentine's Day, I thought I would share with you a beautiful poem of Rumi:

Looking for your face

From the beginning of my life
I have been looking for your face
but today I have seen it.

Today I have seen
 the charm, the beauty,
the unfathomable grace
of the face
that I was looking for

Today I have found you
and those who laughed
and scorned me yesterday
are sorry that they were not looking
as I did

I am bewildered by the magnificence
of your beauty
and wish to see you
with a hundred eyes

My heart has burned with passion
and has searched forever
for this wondrous beauty
that I now behold

I am ashamed
to call this love human
and afraid of God
to call it divine

Your fragrant breath
like the morning breeze
has come to the stillness of the garden
You have breathed new life into me
I have become your sunshine
and also your shadow

My soul is screaming in ecstasy
Every fibre of my being
is in love with you

Your effulgence
has lit a fire in my heart
and you have made radiant
for me
the earth and sky

My arrow of love
has arrived at the target
I am in the house of mercy
and my heart
is a place of prayer.

Have a lovely day. spread the love, enjoy the sunshine.

With love and gratitude,

Emma xx

No comments:

Post a Comment